We used a vendor and the for this.  Pay attention to MITIME setting for
those drives.
        -----Original Message-----
        From: The IBM z/VM Operating System
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Crispin Hugo
        Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 1:16 PM
        To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
        Subject: Remote Tape drives

        Chaps,
        Any suggestions on ways we could have a tape  drive 3490  in a
remote location attached to our mainframe. We are talking about 1
thousand of miles. Speed is not important

        Crispin Hugo
        Systems Programmer, Macro 4
        <http://www.macro4.com/>
        Macro 4 plc, The Orangery, Turners Hill Road, Worth, Crawley,
RH10 4SS Direct Line: +44 (0)1293 872121 Switchboard: +44 (0) 1293
872000
        Fax: +44 (0) 1293 872001
        This message contains confidential information and is intended
only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify
the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission
cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please
request a hard-copy version. This message is provided for informational
purposes and should not be construed as a solicitation, offer or
acceptance of any offer.

        This email has been scanned for all known viruses by the
MessageLabs Email Security Service and the Macro 4 plc internal virus
protection system.

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender,
delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or
redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this
e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/