If the guest operating systems set themselves up to be notified for
the shutdown signal, and you've defined a default shutdown interval
(which you can check with cp q signal shutdown) then by default a
FORCE command will signal the guest to shut down cleanly.  You can
check which guests are set up to be notified of a shutdown with the
comomand cp q signals.  Then you'd just have to hope that your
Operations staff doesn't read the help file for FORCE and find out
about the IMMED option...