John,

Sorry about that, I should have made that clear in my first note ...I am using the "new" socket support provided by z/VM 5.2 LE, and not the older support provided with the TCP/IP product. The TCPMAINT 592 mdisk is not accessed when I attempt my C compile.

I also attempted to understand the netdb.h file (on the Y disk) and got completely lost. Hopefully, someone from C or LE development can point me in the right direction on this issue.

Thanks again.

DJ

John P. Hartmann wrote:
Dave,

There is a netdb.h on the TCPIP 592 disk too.  Might it have got in
the way.  Though I must admit to some puzzlement at the declaration of
the function in netdb.h.y on my 5.2.  I haven't the stamina to figure
out what the macro __new4104 does for you.  Maybe Mike Donovan is
reading this.

May I respectfully suggest that some of the appenders in this thread
create a IHateC forum and strut their thing there insted?

Cheers,

 j.