From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Schuh, Richard
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 1:37 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: ICKDSF Release 16

I think it varies the pattern for each cycle.

IIRC (memories from the 'nam days) the number of cycles had to be at
least 8 for any magnetic media that had anything classified written on
it at any time. The CAD folks claimed to be able to recover information
from several levels deep at that time, so 8 = several + some undisclosed
constant. (Did the intelligence services of 1967 presage the vertical
recording of today?) If there was nothing classified on the disks the
rules were relaxed.

You need to use current rules to determine the number of cycles.

Regards,
Richard Schuh