If you have access to the HMC, use PSW RESTART.  It will dump the system
just like taking a SNAPDUMP followed by a re-IPL.

Kurt Acker

Steve Gentry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
02/06/2007 01:35 PM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
S/A dumps

Hello.  We are in a situation where our processor and ATL are 3 hours away
from us.  Plus it is at an unmanned, lights out site.
Recently our system locked up and I needed to take a S/A dump.  The
problem I'm encountering is finding a way to mount
a tape to do the S/A dump.  The ATL has a web interface but it does not
have a feature that will let me mount a tape.
Has anyone been in this situation and thus, how did you get around it?
Thanks,
Steve G.