You can IPL 190 if the CMS NSS is missing.

Also, SPXTAPE the NSSes and DCSSes from dev1 and restore to test.

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mary Elwood Digest
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 11:43 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Fw: NSS missing

Good Morning All

A VM newbie here and I've done something that I don't know how to fix.
I built a z/VM 5.2 Test system off of our z/VM 5.2 Devl system by
copying the
520RSD  520SPD and 520PGD   to  520RST   520SPT   and 520SPT.   The
first
time I IPL'd the 5.2 test system, I chose to do a 'clean noautolog'.
The
system IPL's, but I have no Named Saved Segments.  We thought these
NSS's were on the spool volume, so we restored the devl spool volume
over to the test and re'ipld.  We have the same problem.  When we try to
logon to 'maint', it is missing the cmspipes and cmsvmlib.  Is there a
way I can rebuild all the NSS without knowing what they are???  Now that
I ask the question - I'm thinking 'no', because I can't logon to CMS.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

p.s. - it just might be easier to start from scratch.

Thanks for your help and patience,

Mary Elwood

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender,
delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or
redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this
e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/