Hello James,

You can download documentation at supportconnect.ca.com. In download -

documentation you can find (almost) all manuals for CA products. But I

guess you need a supportconnect account for this. I would advise to sign

up for supportconnect anyway.

We have two different systems using Topsecret. The first is a VSE
installation. This topsecret spans 11 VSE's in 4 VM's. The topsecret file
are shared in these environments. User maintainance is performed on any o
the CICS systems online or in batch on any of these VSE's. It depends on

my needs at the time. Online using CICS is easier. In batch I can use
batch jobs to perform lots of commands in one go.

The second system is a single VM with 4 VSE systems. The Topsecret files

are shared between VM and the VSE's. We manage users from VM but we also

could do this from VSE. From VM it has the advantage that I can use EXEC'
to perform commands. Just like a batch job in VSE.

So how you want to manage users is a matter of opinion. I like VM but the

CICS online interface has it's advantages too.

As for sharing, I like that because we only have to maintain one security

file. But if that is a possibility in your shop also depends on the
requirements from the security department. We could convince our security

officer quite easily and our user setup would also require a shared
environment but some other shops are much tighter in such security rules.

Regards, Berry.