Has anyone had success accessing web services (SOAP, WSDL) from CMS? Stev
e Gantry talked
about wanting to do this from assembler in the thread below. I have no ne
ed for assembler. (I
prefer REXX or CMS Pipelines, but we also have a C compiler.)

We're not allowed to use LDAP to access our Corporate LDAP Directory -- w
e have to use a Java
API or web services. No Java in CMS any more (and it performed really poo
rly when we did have
one). There are tools out there, but they seems to be mostly Java. SOAP i
s supposed to be
platform and language independent, but coding the whole thing from scratc
h looks like it would
take me quite a while.

Basically, all I have is the WSDL documents for various web services. (WS
DL is in the form of an
XML document.) I found a fair amount of information on web services at <h
ttp://
www.w3schools.com/wsdl/default.asp> -- but no examples in REXX or CMS Pip
elines.

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:51:23 -0600, Chuck Arney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wro
te:

>If you are going to talk to a true Web Service via a SOAP Server, you wi
ll
>need to create the XML document containing the SOAP Envelope and the
>parameters defined in the services WSDL in the SOAP Body.  Then use the
HTTP
>protocol to send the request to the SOAP server and receive the response

>SOAP Envelope XML document.
>

>It's certainly doable in assembler but it will be a fair learning curve
if
>you are not already very familiar with Web Services and HTTP.
>
>Chuck Arney
>illustro Systems International, LLC  http://www.illustro.com
>Access 3270 data from anywhere with z/XML-Host
>Access 3270 apps from the web with z/Web-Host
>Access CMS minidisks from OS/390 or VSE with CMSACCess
>Voice: 972-296-6166
>
>  _____

MS.