From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Huegel, Thomas
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 10:17 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Simple PIPE ?

I think this should be really simple, but the brain doesn't seem to be
working this morning.
I have this little pipe, and the last stage is '|VAR NEWNAME'.
How can a be sure NEWNAME is being set to '' (null) if nothing makes it
that far through the pipe?

'PIPE FILERAND TOM222 PLI A  1-10',
'| FIND --CATAL= ',
'| TAKE FIRST 1',
'| SPECS 9.9 1',
'| STRIP',
'| VAR NEWNAME'

Thanks.

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed VSE-List messages and set aside
VM-List for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!  http://www.ellaforspam.com

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual
and/or
other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by
prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact
the sender and delete the
material from any computer.