> cp vary offline xxxx-xxxx
> CP VARY OFFLINE SUBCHANNEL xxxx-xxxx
> cp vary offline path xx from all
> CP DELETE RDEV xxxx-xxxx
> cp vary offline chpid
> -move- cable and vary online chpid
>
> and maybe VARY ONLINE PATH xx to ALL
> but I think they'll be there.

Ummmmm...... I don't think I like that one.
What about all the RDEVs you said to delete?
And the offline subchannels?

In actual fact, a funny thing happened.
After sending out the email, I tried again
to vary on the CHPID, and it did NOT complain!
So I tried varying on the PATH. I think that also
took two tries.
Then when I tried to vary on the devices I got a
COMMAND REJECT message for *every* device
with an online path on that chpid.
And *then*... it worked!

(I also went through all the same messy stuff with a
second chpid).

So.. apparently you CAN change devices, it's just messy.
I accessed the mirror dasd via the moved chpid, and saw
copied NEW data, so I am confident that I really did what I
meant to do.

Thanks!
Shimon
P.S. Apologies to the listmaster for accidentally
using the wrong "From" address on the last post.