I have a z/VM 5.1 system used to host linux guests. I need to move all
the volumes from one ESS to a new ESS (F20 to 800 if it makes a
difference).

I note that the correct way to move the spool and nss/dcss is via
SPXTAPE -- can this be used to write to dasd as I have no tape drives
(or volumes) assigned to the VM LPAR ?

 I'm assuming that I would use DDR to move the other mini disk volumes (
I plan to create new CP_OWNED volumes and use the procedures to move CF2
to an alternate residence volume to move the VM system itself.  The plan
then would be then to have different ONLINE_AT_IPL volumes between CF1
(in use) and CF2 (new).

Am I off base here or is there an easier way of doing this. (I have
access to all the volumes from a z/OS LPAR if that is needed (and I am
more z/OS literate !)

Jerry Whitteridge
Safeway Inc
925 951 4184

"MMS <safeway.com>" made the following annotations.
Warning:
All e-mail sent to this address will be received by the Safeway corporate
e-mail system, and is subject to archival and review by someone other than the
recipient.  This e-mail may contain information proprietary to Safeway and is
intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).  If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient(s), you are notified that you have
received this message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution
or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately.