We are running a NSC55 over escon wih z/VM 4.4:
 Q CPLEVEL
Z/VM VERSION 4 RELEASE 4.0, SERVICE LEVEL 0404 (32-BIT)
GENERATED AT 01/03/05 16:17:30 JLM
IPL AT 02/27/07 21:57:41 JLM
READY; T=0.01/0.01 20:24:40

No additional PTFs beyond the RSU level.

Shimon

On 7 Mar 2007 at 9:36, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has experience with hooking up an Hitachi
> TagmaStore (model NSC55) disk unit to a mainframe. Specifically I
> would like to know:
>
> 1) PTFs needed to run the Hitachi through Escon channels to z/VM 3.1
>
> 2) PTFs needed to run it through Ficon channels to z/VM 5.2
>
> 3) Are there any other things to watch out for?
>
> Peter

> to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
> privileged material.  Any review retransmission dissemination or other
> use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
> persons or entities other than the intended recipient or delegate is
> strictly prohibited.  If you received this in error please contact the
> sender and delete the material from any computer.  The integrity and
> security of this message cannot by guaranteed on the Internet.  The
> Sender accepts no liability for the content of this e-mail or for the
> consequences of any actions taken on basis of the information
> provided.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments
> for the presence of viruses.  The sender accepts no liability for any
> damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.  This
> disclaimer is the property of the TTC and must not be altered or
> circumvented in any manner.

**
Shimon Lebowitz                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
VM System Programmer           .
Israel Police National HQ.     http://www.poboxes.com/shimonpgp
Jerusalem, Israel              phone: +972 2 542-9877  fax: 542-9308
**