Put your commands to set timezone xxx in a WAKEUP file in VMUTIL service
machine and forget about, the WAKEUP will do it 'automatically'.

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Brian France
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 9:11 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Time change question....

I thought that by having my system config with the following entries that my
time would have changed for me. I had a co worker in on Sunday and he
noticed that this did not happen. He issued the cp set timezone edt and then
it was okay. Interesting in that the linux images seemed fine according to
him. So, does this command need issued even when the system config has the
following -

Timezone_boundary on 2007-03-11 at 02:00:00 to EDT
Timezone_boundary on 2007-11-04 at 02:00:00 to EST

Brian W. France
Systems Administrator (Mainframe)
Pennsylvania State University
Administrative Information Services - Infrastructure/S YSA RC
Rm 25 Shields Bldg., University Park, Pa. 16802
814-863-4739
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  _____

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed 10562 VSE-List messages and set
aside 8936 VM-List for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!   www.ellaforspam.com
<http://www.ellaforspam.com>