>You've gotta be kidding. That or your publications people are. The only
>mention of KEEPALIVE=3DYES in any RSCS manual is in a sample config file
>in Appendix B of the RSCS Planning and Installation. Is this one of
>those, "It is so obvious we don't need to document it," things.=20
>
>Where is the default documented?

It is documented in the RSCS Planning and Installation manual
although the option is KEEPALIV= (not keepalive) and the default is
yes.  So RSCS would have enabled keepalive for the socket session,
that would probably be what is happening.
>From the other threads, if JES has defined an ITO= parameter, I
would think they would have sent a signoff record when the link
went down, not just leave the link in a 'gone' state.  I bet something
else is taking the link away.  Is the JES side aware of the link
state?

Best Regards,
Les Geer
IBM z/VM and Linux Development