COOL - what a great feature!

munson

Alan Altmark wrote:
On Thursday, 03/22/2007 at 08:54 EST, Sebastian Welton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I've had to do this where RACF was shared with MVS systems. If the MVS
systems went down then VM was pretty much stuffed so we then just needed
IPL with the alternate CPLOAD module. Naturally no RACF was available
but
the way VM is built its pretty much secure for the average user. In fact
googling showed a posting from me about this:

http://listserv.uark.edu/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind9711&L=ibmvm&T=0&P=34282

If anyone cares, you can CP SEND RACFVM SETRACF INACTIVE. This will cause the CP-resident RACF code to begin to defer all requests back to CP, as though RACF is not present, including LOGON. You don't have to deactivate any classes or change any permissions. No auditing is performed.

RACF will, however, prompt the OPERATOR for confirmation. A SETRACF ACTIVE will start the wheels turning again and the OPERATOR will be informed (but not prompted).