In addition to what everyone else has told you about selective
maintenance, we have gotten our zLinux customers to accept a weekly
outage for consistent disaster recovery backups. Once a set of updates
has been applied to the test system, tested there and then approved by
the change control process, I can use that backup window to recycle
without interfering with the customers. There are other times when I
piggyback my changes onto Timezone and z/OS outages.

/Tom Kern
/301-903-2211