Other than experiencing unseasonal snow,  Sir Santa did nothing.
(And that server is in another state anyway.)  But there have been
weird reachability issues with that server.  Dunno if that is what
hit Fran.  (Since Firefox was okay,  I doubt network was the prob.)

I should mention that there is also a  'touch'  in CMS Make.
Another thread mentioned time stamping.  The TOUCH EXEC supplied
with MAKE should probably steal some tricks from Kris's code.
(And no doubt the WGET EXEC supplied with MAKE will steal from
WebRover and from Rob's WGET.)

-- R;