From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Roger Lunsford
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2007 5:51 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: PERFSVM

If you are MISSING SAMPLE CONFIGURATION RECORDS (which are
generated when the Perfkit connects up to MONDCSS), you will need to
do the following (note: SAMPLE CONFIG size needs vary by system
configurations.  We ship with an ample size that is good for 'most'
shops.
However, if you monitor a lot of users or devices, this size may need to

be increased):
1-MONITOR STOP
2-MONITOR SAMPLE CONFIG SIZE 600
3-RESTART THE PERFKIT
If this increase does not correct the problem, restart with step 1,
and increase the config size by another 300 (aka: 900 the 2nd time).
If this corrects and no more error messages then you are good to go.
Be aware:
-Increasing the SAMPLE CONFIG SIZE could cause a need to increase the
MONDCSS size as well (becuase the Sample Config size comes out of the
MONDCSS SAMPLE area).  But not to worry, the Perfkit will tell you via

messages if this is needed. If you do need to increase the MONDCSS size,
you will need to:
  A-MONITOR STOP
  B-Ensure there is NO OVERLAP with other DCSS/NSS in address range

    of MONDCSS (EX: Q NSS ALL MAP to find where all NSS are located)

  C-CP DEFSEG MONDCSS 9000-9AFF SC RSTD (example locations)

  D-CP SAVESEG MONDCSS

  E-RESTART the PERFKIT watching for any Error message at startup.
You can also trim down the amount of users/devices being monitored via
the
MONITOR SAMPLE ENABLE/DISABLE USER userid or MONITOR SAMPLE
ENABLE/DISABLE
I/O CLASS/DEV xxxx (ref CP MONTOR SAMPLE command).
I hope this helps.
Roger Lunsford IBM z/VM CP/Perfkit/Monitor Level2/Level3