I need the current UTC time when executing a REXX exec. In the old days, I would just use &DATE and &TIME from an EXEC2 exec. These days, it appears that there may be no easy way to get the current UTC date and time in an exec unless I missed it (a likely possibility).

While trolling the online pubs, I found the CSL routine named DateTimeSubtract which indicates that it could convert local time UTC, but conveniently omits how to use it to obtain the current UTC date and time. Similarly, I see DATECONVERT in PIPELINES that will front end calls to the CSL routine. Lots of examples of doing date arithmetic, but nothing for giving the current UTC.

So, does anyone have or can they point me to a short REXX or pipeline segment that can give me the current UTC? It can't be so hard that nobody has coded it, can it?
--
Gary Eheman
Fundamental Software, Inc.