> q 741
> CTCA 0741 ATTACHED TO RSCS     0741

Was that command done on the *first* level VM,
or in the *second* level VM?

If it was on first level, then RSCS is using a REAL
ctc.

> Not sure what ISFC is.
> I'll have to check it out. But does it work with minidisks and spool files?
> Thanks again! -James

ISFC is a component of CP that can connect
to VM systems. In order to use it, both CPs must see
a real ctc, that's why I asked if it was really real, or
just *looked* real to a 2nd level. (sheesh.. starts sounding insane)

The link startup is one command, no muss,
no fuss, no tables, no configs.

Using ISFC you can access SFS FILEPOOLS (not minidisks
or spool) directly from another VM system, as if the files
were on a local pool.
Disclaimer: the standard VMSYS pool won't work that way
because pools named "VM..." are considered 'local', not
'global'. :(

But when I set up a 2nd level VM, ISFC is the first
communication link I start, and it allows me to access
all the files I need to work with from the 2nd level system,
stored in my XPOOL.

Good luck,
Shimon
Shimon Lebowitz                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
VM System Programmer           mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Israel Police National HQ.     http://www.poboxes.com/shimonpgp
Jerusalem, Israel              phone: +972 2 542-9877  fax: 542-9308