On Saturday, 05/05/2007 at 01:55 ZE2, Alain Benveniste
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I see the confusion.
> We have Multsess installed on MVS. That allows us to connect to all our
MVS
> and VM from 1 terminal. Users who have to work on VM have the same logon
as
> in MVS. Logon this way is made through CDRS. SO when a user press say 1
on
> MVS his logon & password is propagated through SNA/VSCS, so he never
sees
> the logo screen. He sees a line 'LOGON userid password'. It's here 'my
pgm'
> takes the hand to make the password invisible when this line appears on
the
> screen. Then just after the profile exec executes itself.
> I would upgrade to zVM530 on July and I would not be locked if this pgm
> doesn't work anymore.

The list server strips out attachments (I didn't need to see it, anyway).
So, the user signs on to the session manager and it is responsible for
sending the userid and password to the remote system.

In your original post, you said, "This program is very old and I would
like to replace it with a new one."  Why?  What's wrong with it?