Rick, we run two NJE connections from one VM system to two MVS JES2
systems and yes the JES2 end must be defined as BCTC and the VM end must

be defined as SCTC.  This is a real PITA when we do DR tests as we always

have to tell the DR provider, "Yes, they have to be defined as BCTC.".  I
usually requires them to do an IO gen, (or at least an HCD change).

Dale R. Smith
Technology Services Senior
IBM Global Services
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
1-614-481-1608

On Tue, 8 May 2007 20:03:10 -0400, Rick Barlow
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I am trying to determine if there is still a restriction that an ESCON C
TC
>between RSCS and z/OS JES must be defined as BCTC rather than SCTC.  The

>last time I looked at this was 1999 and it was still a restriction.  I

know