> It isn't pSeries or iSeries anymore either, IBM still uses
> zSeries on the older equipment on this page:

> http://www.ibm.com/products/shop/servers/us/index.html

The old products are still eServer zSeries and the new product is
System z9. However, the two together are know as System z. A
similar "rule" holds true for the other server products.

> The itweek article also talks about Power6 chips in the System
> z machines. Has that been officially acknowledged by IBM yet?

IBM has denied several times that we will be switching to Power
chips. Note that the System z mainframes have lots of Power chips
in them, but the processor chip is very much a System z unique
chip.

> The others on the list are easy, since iSeries (System i) has
> been using Power chips for several years, and there are System
> p Blades already.

The Power blades today are not System p products (and not
Power5), they are PowerPC 970 chips (as were used in the Power
Macs). However, IBM has indicated that we will see Power6 in
blades in the future.

Jim