Not being able to access a mdisk doesn't mean the data is gone. Phil didn't define scrag well enough. I once recovered some RSCS exit code that was on a "scragged" mdisk in that the mdisk cyl 0 had been overwritten but I was able to find the updates by using DDR TYPE on the rest of what was the disk.

Jim

Glenn Knickerbocker wrote:
Phil Smith III wrote:
I *want* to scrag a minidisk to test something.

If you can access it, PIPE MDISKBLK gives you all the latitude you could
want to screw it up!

  ACCESS 1234 E
  PIPE literal 0000000003 | pad 4106 | mdiskblk write e

(presuming it's blocked at 4K; if not, change 4106 to the actual block
size plus 10)

If you can't access it, of course, you don't need to do anything.

¬R

--
Jim Bohnsack
Cornell University