So is the solution to change the timestamp to the last properly scheduled time? In my example, change the timestamp to 6PM Wednesday, so that it gets scheduled correctly at 6PM Thursday? Assuming I don't want it run off-schedule and skipping it is OK.

Fran Hensler wrote:
VMUTIL works on both date and time.

If you have an event scheduled for 18:00:00  and VMUTIL is not running
then the event will run as soon as VMUTIL comes back up because he
knows that event was missed.

In your, example VMUTIL would run the event would run at 8am Thursday.
What I don't know is if it will run it again at 6PM on Thursday.  My
guess is that it will.

/Fran Hensler at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania USA for 44 years
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]         +1.724.738.2153
        "Yes, Virginia, there is a Slippery Rock"