Joan,
I don't think the LISTSERV allows attachments... copy and pase some of your
message.

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Joan Gerads
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 12:03 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: RSCS 3.2 and z/VM 5.2

RSCS 3.2
z/VM 5.2
IBM Z9 BC processor
VSE 2.6 guests running under z/VM
IBM 6500 Infoprint Printer

We recently purchased an IBM Infoprint 6500 Line Matrix printer and are
trying RSCS for the first time on z/VM 5.2.

When we attempt to send anything to the printer from VM, we get a bunch of
garbage output printing before the real output...see attached PDF file for a
listing of our VM output...

Any idea what is causing this stuff to print out before the actual output or
how to suppress this stuff?

When we print from our VSE guests to the printer (LPR), the output looks
perfect.

Here is the RSCS Config statement defining the printer:

LINKDEFINE PRTCR1 TYPE LPR AST RETRY FORM *
PARM PRTCR1  ITO=0 EXIT=LPRXPSE HOST=XXX.XX.X.XXX PRINTER=CR1

<<VMoutput.pdf>>

Thanks in advance,

Joan M. Gerads
Systems & Programming
SCICOM Data Services, Ltd.
10101 Bren Rd. East
Minnetonka, MN  55343
Direct: 952-936-4170
Toll  Free: 1-800-488-9087
Fax: 952-932-3936

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is intended only for the use
of the recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information,
including but not limited to information that is protected under HIPAA or
other state/federal privacy rules.  Any unauthorized review; disclosure,
copying, distribution or use is prohibited.  If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and

  _____

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed 11973 VSE-List messages and set
aside 10657 VM-List for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!   www.ellaforspam.com
<http://www.ellaforspam.com>