From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Martha McConaghy
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 1:53 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: 2107 mystery

We have run into another one of those "z/OS is right and VM is weird"
mysteries.  Hopefully, someone else can shed some light on it.

We have a DS8100 (2107) that we have been using for the past few months
for VM based stuff (SFS servers, Linux server, etc) with no problem.
I've been using CP FLASHCOPY on it with no problems as well.  We just
tried to move some z/OS volumes over to it from an old 2105-F20 (Shark).
The volumes moved fine.  However, when our z/OS guy tried to run z/OS
ConcurrentCopy against some of the datasets, he got errors that the box
does not support that function.  Obviously, it does since we have been
doing Flash on VM all along.

Now, the z/OS guys are suggesting that I gen the 2107 volumes as
"unsupported" in VM to fix the problem.  I'm not sure what they mean by
that, but I don't like the sound of it.  Anyone seen this problem or
have any insight into it?

Martha