From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Berry van Sleeuwen
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2007 8:01 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: OS/390 as zVM 5.2 Guest on z9 ??

Rick,

I don't think it matters what OS/390 release is running. But the OS/390

V2R10 is the first to be able to run and exploit the 64bit mode.

In this case the OS/390 is V2R9, that would qualify the machine as
ESA/390. So it can't run 64 bit but it can benefit from the 64bit
functions of z/VM 4 64bit that will increase performance of the Host VM,

such as increased storage.

Regards, Berry.