Thanks Daniel!!   That is significant.
The customer needs to have OS/390 available to support their customers, so
the ability to run 2.10 on a z9 (as a zVM guest) is a major concern.
And Alan A.....   Your information is welcomed also, but I understand that
there is a difference between what IBM "supports" and what will run...
For example, IBM does provide a 'patch' for VSE 2.3 to run on a z9, and it
does work, but I'm sure that it is not 'supported' by IBM.  I also
believe/understand that there are 'fixes' to allow 2.10 to run on a z9
(under VM) although it would not be 'supported'...     Daniel's experience
helps to confirm this belief...

Mike
C. M. (Mike) Hammock
Sr. Technical Support
zFrame & IBM zSeries Solutions
(404) 643-3258
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

             Daniel Allen
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             Sent by: The IBM          IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
             z/VM Operating                                             cc
             System
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             ARK.EDU>                  Re: OS/390 as zVM 5.2 Guest on  z9
                                       ??

             07/06/2007 11:22
             AM

             Please respond to
               The IBM z/VM
             Operating System
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 ARK.EDU>

We have run OS/390 2.10 under z/VM 4.3 on a z9BC.