From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mike Hammock
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2007 2:01 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: OS/390 as zVM 5.2 Guest on z9 ??

Perfectly good question, especially since this system does have an IFL....
But, this VM is only on the CP, there is a separate VM for the IFL.
Also, I am successfully running a zOS 1.5, zOS 1.8 and two VSE 2.7.3
systems on this same VM where OS/390 refuses to run.

Thanks
Mike

C. M. (Mike) Hammock
Sr. Technical Support
zFrame & IBM zSeries Solutions
(404) 643-3258
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

             Paul Raulerson
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             Sent by: The IBM          IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
             z/VM Operating                                             cc
             System
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             ARK.EDU>                  Re: OS/390 as zVM 5.2 Guest on  z9
                                       ??

             07/06/2007 01:40
             AM

             Please respond to
               The IBM z/VM
             Operating System
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 ARK.EDU>

Might be a stupid question, but you are running this on a PU and not an
IFL,
right?
-Paul