Rob, only when the spool file comes from a remote system, the TAG -set by
RSCS- can be used to find the sender.  And yes, the TAG can be changed by
anyone who had the file in its RDR/PUN can fake the TAG contents to set
another sender (the data cannot be tampered with).  But, even that should be
the past since many many years: RSCS should have OPTION SETORIG in which
case RSCS will set the origin in a safe place where one can retrieve it with
DIAG F8(?).
I'm sure you know this too, but part of the audience might not.  In general:
execs should use this DIAG output to check the origin of the file instead of
using QUERY TAG

2007/7/11, Rob van der Heij <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On 7/9/07, Kris Buelens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> RDR-queue, PEEK, and TRANSFER back.  Drawback: this TRANSFER process
will
> change the spool file number (and if you'd LOGOFF before we can transfer
> back, the file remains in your reader).

In addition to change of the spool file number, the transfer also sets
a bit to flag the spool file as "tampered with" and cautious
installations will be concerned about it because it lets you fake the
origin of a spool file. I used to have a local mod that would not set
the bit when the user has the SETORIG directory option.

Rob
--
Rob van der Heij
Velocity Software, Inc