> OK, I did that but it was scary...lol  On query, 1913
> showed as R/W.  How can I force it R/O?

Ann,

  If the original LINK at the first level was R/O, then
  you only have a R/O dasd.  I don't remember why the
  2nd level system tells you it is R/W, but it is not.

  I believe you can prove this to yourself by attaching
  the disk to a user (such as ESAMON), doing an ACC for
  1913  (ACC 1913 E), then release E (REL E).  VM should
  complain that it can't write to the disk (it is trying
  to update the file status table since it thought it was
  a R/W disk.)

Ed Zell
Illinois Mutual Life
(309) 674-8255 x-107
.

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE:  This communication, including any attachments, is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed
and contains information which may be confidential.  If you are not the
intended recipient, any distribution or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, notify
the sender immediately, delete the communication and destroy all copies. Thank
you for your compliance.