A poor man's alternative to VM:Operator, probably for a smaller number of systems and with lesser capabilities, would be the Programmable Operator facility that comes with VM. I don't want to start an argument here. I know that VM:Operator would do a great job but if you are only talking about a few systems and don't want to spend any money (your time is free, after all), take a look at PROP. I will admit that I've never tried to use it for this purpose, but I have used PROP for 20 years or so and it does the job.

Jim

Schuh, Richard wrote:

------_=_NextPart_001_01C7EA82.B3960EE4

In the not too distant future, we will possibly have VM systems
scattered almost as widely as we have datacenters. What products are
available that would allow the operations of these systems to be handled
from a single location, if such exist? For example, can VM:Operator be
used across a span of 2000 miles in the continental US? Between the US
and Japan? Are there other products that can do the job?

Regards,=20
Richard Schuh=20

--
Jim Bohnsack