That would be a nice addition to the DOWNLOAD page.

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Kris Buelens
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 1:48 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: OPERATOR Consoles

My customer has 18 VM systems...
A problem with managing many VM systems is that operators need to see that
there is a problem.  Problems can go away automatically too (e.g. a queue on
a RSCS link).  We had a central VM:OPER console where problems got listed as
HOLDMSG, and these messages can be removed when the automation procedures
detect the problem is gone, so problems need a unique identifier.  The
standard HOLDMSG procedure is not good enough for this, so we started an
extra VM:OPER process that grabs our own HOLDMSG/REMOVEMSG messages.
But, even then it was not perfect yet.  So, I wrote a CMS/GUI application
with a screen where all important problems are displayed, VM systems can get
green/yellow/red state, depending on the worst message for that system.  It
is an RxServer based server that collects the messages and maintains the
system states; the CMS/GUI is only the nice front-end.  Each message there
has a severity and a key too, plus timing information.  The key allows
processes to set and remove the problem state (hence remove the message when
the problem is gone), the timing info (when present) can make that the
message goes automatically away after that many minutes (eg if you measure
an RSCS queue every 5 minutes, you code "6 minutes" as timing info; the key
could be "linkeid%QUEUE": our server then knows that it will remove the
problem with that key if after 6 minutes there is no new message arrived for
"linkid%QUEUE"
To the key, operator help information can be linked so that with a double
mouse click the operator can see what he has to do to fix the problem.  More
information as well as the code can be sent.