Ian,

If you could explain more about what you're really trying to do, then
perhaps we can help with some alternate solutions.

It it's just that you get an rc=28 (the "File not found" return code;
justifiable for a R/O disk with no files or only filemode 0 files unless
the MODE0 options is used), then it's working as designed.

As stated earlier, just adding a "Dummy File" is a simple action.   But
without knowing that you are really trying to do, we can't provide a
correct answer.

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates
Any opinions expressed herein are mine alone and do not necessarily
represent the opinions or policies of Hewitt Associates.

"Stracka, James (GTI)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
09/18/2007 02:56 PM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: ACCESS empty RR disk fails

The disk can have files but if they are all MODE 0, you do not get to
ACCESS it either.