Quoting Bill Holder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Responding all the way back to Mark Ristvedt's original post in this thread:
>
> Mark, do you have any data showing how busy your paging system was during or
> just prior to the hang / slowdown period?  For that problem to be addressed
> by VM64269 and VM64297, there would have to be substantial and unusually
> high paging activity right before or during the problem period.

Mark has gone for the weekend, but I can tell ya that we have some fairly spotty
data during the period.  The reason is that both times the problem occurred (2
separate IPLs), most everything (especially service machines) froze up.

However, for a few intervals leading up to the first hang, the Velocity Page
Space Analysis report did show large spikes in the User Owned/Attached Expanded
Storage pages. All other intervals for these columns had 0.  Actually, we never
see anything other than 0 for these, even during a normal business day.

On Sunday, we will be bringing up 5.3 again to recreate the problem and get a
dump.  We will then bring up a 5.3 w/5302+hipers and the test fix to try and
recreate it again.

Even though it's rumored that you can run for days or weeks without hitting the
problem, we did it twice in one day so we're "fairly" confident that we'll be
able to do it again.  Especially since the second time was a more controlled
IPL (as in me starting guests 1 and 2 at a time).

Leland