On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 17:54:32 -0400, Alan Altmark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

wrote:

>On Thursday, 10/18/2007 at 04:07 EDT, Alan Ackerman
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> We don't have PCOMM, but QWS3270 Secure, so I don't know what our
>> situation will be.  [re: Resumed SSL sessions]
>
>If you get a trace (e.g. Wireshark or something built into QWS3270) you
>can see if sessions are resuming by looking at the SSL/TLS handshake.  I
>you see CLIENT KEY EXCHANGE, you know a session was NOT resumed.
>
>Alan Altmark
>z/VM Development
>IBM Endicott
>========================
=========================
========================

I used the QWS3270 Secure trace. I don't see that message, even the first

time.

What I see is:

Error 0x800b0109 (CERT_E_UNTRUSTEDROOT) returned by
CertVerifyCertificateChainPolicy!
Connected to 171.177.29.52 port 6443
from 171.184.0.226 port 2027

(Actual session.)
(LOGOFF with Automatically Re-Connect selected, which gives me a LOGO
screen.)

Connection to vmdev2 closed
Error 0x800b0109 (CERT_E_UNTRUSTEDROOT) returned by
CertVerifyCertificateChainPolicy!
Connected to 171.177.29.52 port 6443
from 171.184.0.226 port 2028

The error is because we are using a self-signed certificate for testing.

Even if I figure out whether it can resume or not, I don't know any way t
determine the number of new connections versus resumes. Is there anything

in a console log that shows this? Or monitor record?