From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Huegel, Thomas
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 3:26 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: z/VM 5.3 installing DFSMS/VM PPF OVERRIDE question.

THANK-YOU JOHN !!!
I got all cought up in the PPF stuff and never even thought of the EASY way.

It worked like a charm. Thanks again. Tom -----Original Message----- From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [ mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU <mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU> ]On Behalf Of Jim Bohnsack Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 3:11 PM To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU Subject: Re: z/VM 5.3 installing DFSMS/VM PPF OVERRIDE question.

Rather than going thru the PPF OVERRIDE route, here's what I add to the DFSMS directory entry. * LINK ISPVM 0192 0192 RR * DFSMS insists on having a 192 disk MDISK 0192 3390 T-DISK 1 DFSMS just wants to have a 192 disk. It works for me. Jim Huegel, Thomas wrote:
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C81727.16E672C8 Content-Type: text/plain;charset="iso-8859-1" X-EC0D2A8E-5CB7-4969-9C36-46D859D137BE-PartID:
3D15AA51-30A0-4346-835E-0053C5E2DAA9
I am installing z/VM 5.3 and am having a problem with DFSMS/VM.
The program directory for DFSMS/VM says that if I don't have ISPF I need
get rid of the link to it. I need to create the following PPF OVERRIDE
file.
:OVERLST. DFSMSVM :DFSMSVM. DFSMSVM VSM221B :DCL. UPDATE ./DELETE &BASE2 :EDCL. :MDA. UPDATE ./DELETE &BASE2 :EMDA. :END. I did this, and added it to the VSM221B $PPF file on DFSMS "A" disk. It appeared to work i.e. messages appeared about applying updates, etc. But VMFINS still fails with the bad link messag. SV:VMFSET1905E The access of 192 failed with a return code of 100. What is it that I am doing wrong? Thanks.

--
Jim Bohnsack
Cornell University