2007/11/6, Jim Bohnsack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> You might want to put this change in SYSTEM CONFIG as well.  What we use
> is:
>
> Modify Command Shutdown IBMclass A Privclasses Z
>
> Over the course of 30 years as a VM sysprog, every VM sysprog who I have
> worked with has shutdown a VM system *ONCE.*  Me too :-[
>
> Jim
>
> Every sysprog?
No no, I never did.  My worst outages happened in VM/SP where a SAVESYS of
APL caused a VSE guest to abend.  Impossible? That's what I told my customer
and I SAVESYSed APL again... and VSE died again.  So I had to admit I was
the cause and started digging: the DMSSNT area for APL was in overlap with a
CP PAGE area on VMPK01, mea culpa indeed.

Nevertheless, we place SHUTDOWN in CLASS S.

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support