Unfortunately VMCX is not a CP command. It is a CMS program that uses the

VMCF protocol, SEND/RECEIVE subset, that is frowned upon, and it just isn
't
linux-like either. To be linux-like you need to use TCP/IP and have a ser
ver
on VM interface between the your linux client and the PERFTK data. Or you

could by a product that interfaces between PERFTK and linux to provide lo
ts
of MVS-style data.

I would prefer to have a privleged linux command (VMCX) that did use the
VMCF SEND/RECEIVE, and a daemon program to listen for SMSGs which are the

uses of the SENDX subset of VMCF.

IBM no longer ships the source for the VMCX module with PERFTK and I dele
ted
the RTM/SMART copy when I moved to PERFTK.

/Tom Kern
/301-903-2211

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 11:26:59 -0500, Mary Anne Matyaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
om>