>>> On Thu, Nov 8, 2007 at 10:50 AM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Bruce Hayden
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The solution to stopping all of the various SVMs before VM shutdown is
> to use yet another SVM.

Bruce,

I don't face the same raft of issues that most other people on this list do,
since I don't support z/VM on a daily basis.  But, I have to say that my first
reaction to this was "lipstick on a pig."

When you've got people (and lots of them) creating kludges like this, it's a
sign that something needs to be fixed.  Taking that view in the past, and doing
something about it in the base code, is one reason why VM, and now z/VM is as
good as it is.  (And yeah, trust me, I know all about finite developer
resources and setting priorities.  Argh.)

Mark Post