From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Michel Raicher
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 1:20 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: CRR Machine

The CRR machine only get used when a user access and write to 2
different sfs's at same time on the same work unit.
This is not likely to be your case, so shoud be safe to stopped it.
When the CRR machine is not there, when a user try to coordinated
writing to 2 sfs's at same work unit, it will fail, like I said it is
not likely you are doing this,
regards

Inactive hide details for "Schuh, Richard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"Schuh,
Richard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                "Schuh, Richard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                Sent by: The IBM z/VM Operating System
<IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

                                11/27/2007 01:55 PM

        Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU

cc

Subject

CRR Machine

Can the CRR machine be taken down for s brief interval without taking
down other SFS servers, or is it necessary to stop all SFS activity to
do it? The situation is that the disks of the CRR machine are on
physical disks that are to be decommissioned and I need to move them to
a more permanent location. Naturally, if this were possible, it would
take place during a period of extremely low activity.

Regards,
Richard Schuh