<comment from a non-user>

Dave,

>From what little I know, the problem is that an arbitrary MDISK area may
not be formatted into 4K block. That is what your CMS FORMAT is doing.
However, I wonder if it might be faster to format the MDISK via ICKDSF.
Perhaps using the AIXVOL? Or maybe the CPVOLUME command? The book says
that they both format the entire extent with 4K physical blocks and put
in a standard DASD label.

Just a though from a lurker/learner.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged
and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you are
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal
offense.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete this message without copying or disclosing
it.