I don't know if this might work or not but someone might want to try it.
>From the intigrated 3270 logon to a CMS ID.. Then telnet to your VM TCPIP
stack, then try your DIAL command.

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Alan Altmark
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2007 6:03 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: HCP743E from DIAL command on Integrated 3270 Console

On Saturday, 12/22/2007 at 04:36 EST, Richard Corak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I don't know why, but HCPDIA specifically looks for, and rejects,
> integrated 3270.

True, and I see that the CLASGRAF exception was added when we added
support for the integrated 3270.  (I was previously looking at only the
CLASTERM code.  Duh.)

I do know that the integrated 3270 does not process data streams as a real
3270 does.  In particular, I think it doesn't handle "segmenting" of the
data stream via data chaining, as might be expected by a DIALed guest.
Further I think it can't handle as large of an I/O.

I remember we had some XEDIT issues with it that required SET REMOTE ON to
resolve, forcing XEDIT to send a shorter data stream.

Given the S&D codes, I have to rescind my prior advice, saying that it is
working as designed.  Removing the check in HCPDIA may work, or it may
not.  And it may depend entirely on how the guest is doing I/O.  I suppose
we could ask the author of those few extra lines.  ;-)