Do you know what the COMPREXX state is - referenced by someone else? It
sounds exactly like what I am looking for.

David Wakser

________________________________

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Kris Buelens
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2007 5:24 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: EXEC to "compress" EXECs

COL is on VM's download lib.  But, don't misunderstand: COL is an
invaluable tool to extend the power of XEDIT, it does however not
compress EXECs: it was compressed itself, whict a tool whose name I
forgot.

EXECUPDT, adding sequence numbers isn't hard:
"XEDIT my EXEC (WIDTH currentLRECL+10"
 RECFM F #SERIAL ON ALL
 FILE = $EXEC =

2007/12/24, Wakser, David < [EMAIL PROTECTED]