And because of the pricing of z/OS cycles, some managers are beginning to forget their blue tattoos and switch to brand X backup/restore products when they see that the zlinux TSM is still not as fully featured as MAINFRAME software should be.

Tape management and shared drives have been such a basic feature of our systems, why should distributed systems be so behind in their resource management capabilities.

/Tom Kern