On Jan 4, 2008 4:24 PM, Aria Bamdad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Cylinder zero is ok for other CP areas but NOT for TDISK.  Don't
> define a TDSK area on cylinder zero.

Certainly not (had not even thought about that one). And I would be
very reluctant for parm disks, and not checkpoint and warmstart
either.
And XLINK by default also uses part of the first tracks (though you
should not need XLINK on spool or page packs, I think). And don't give
a general user a disk starting on cylinder 0 either unless you really
know what you're doing...

Too many ways too hurt yourself, which is why we don't use cylinder 0.
But it was not the explanation for the original poster's problem.

Rob
--
Rob van der Heij
Velocity Software, Inc