> So, we're going to define a new page device equally directory-defined
as
> 520PAG (that is, 0-END), then we're going to CPFMTXA FORMAT it and
then
> ALLOCATE 1-3338 this time.

That's the correct process. The key point is to ensure that the entire
disk is CP-formatted with the CPVOL FORMAT command in ICKDSF (CPFMTXA
calls DSF under the covers) before you let CP try to page to it.

The cyl 0 vs 1 discussion is just a safety measure; CP is usually smart
enough not to shoot itself in the head by paging onto the volume label &
allocation bitmap that tells it where it paged stuff...8-)