________________________________

        From: The IBM z/VM Operating System
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Collinson.Shannon
        Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 12:24 PM
        To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
        Subject: 3590 tape drive support in zLinux/zVM?

        This is cross-posted on the linux-390 and ibmvm listservs...

        Is there a manual or webpage somewhere that references all the
types of hardware that will work under various versions of zLinux and
zVM?  Or could someone tell me where I could confirm that a Magstar 3590
model E11 standalone tape drive would work under zVM 5.3 and/or SLES9
SP3?  We're new to the zVM/zLinux world-just finished with our POC and
now trying to ready an LPAR for production use-and didn't realize till
just recently that we'd need a tape drive to do a standalone dump of the
zVM lpar.  We have some no-longer-in-use 3590s available so thought we'd
put them on the lpar as a temporary solution, but don't know how to
ensure they're supported.  Thanks!

        Shannon Collinson l Mainframe Operating Systems l ETI l SunTrust
Banks l 404.827.6070 (office) l 404.642.1280 (mobile)

        Seeing beyond money (sm)

        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        The information transmitted is intended solely for the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this
prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the

        SunTrust and Seeing beyond money are federally registered
service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.
        [ST:XCL]