That was indeed the case the first 10 years; since a merger a 3'th
letter was appended ;-(
I often remember one of my first meetings with the account team (4SE &
3 SR) where there was a long list of tasks with the initials of the
responsible for the task and I saw my initials on more than half of
those tasks, with lots of MVS stuff.  It took me quite a while before
I found back a good mood ... when realized these two letters weren't
sharp arrows pointing towards me.

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support